Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Using the Nintendo DS as a wifi sniffer...

: ;

Now, I reckon that if you really wanted a Wifi Sniffer would have run out and bought a cheapo from Tiger Direct, but for the few of you out there (like me) who just couldn't afford to shell out that bit extra for something we might not get much use out of, good ol' Mario has taken care of us.

Yep, that's right. The fat Italian plumber. Bow before his might!

You see, Nintendos new offering (Mario Kart DS) comes with the ability to connect to most wifi hotspots/access points (except any secured with wonderful WPA Security). Now, to the enterpriseing hacker, this is useful. You can use the integrated function of "Search for AP (Access Point)" to sniff out local unprotected APs (as long as the SSID is broadcast, and there's no MAC Address Filtering, etc.). I can't WAIT to check this out further!

I'll try to get some pics up soon - 'till then, it's pretty simple. I'm sure if you can find this page, you can manage to use this "hack".

Thanks for reading!
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Google
Hmm... I wonder who links here?