Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dude, I'm getting a Mac! Er, Dell! Er, wait. Never mind...

:

Wow. I had a CLOSE call. It's a good thing I don't have a credit card, or my girlfriend would KILL me. See, we were at the Mac store, getting her an iPod mini(she's been wanting one FOREVER, and after seeing the auto-load-podcast feature of iPod and iTunes, I want one SO BAD myself), and I saw it: It was a little white box, no wider then the lenght of my fingers spread out.

The Mac mini.

The Mac mini


Yeah. That thing ROCKS. It's so CUTE, and at under $500 bucks, it's not too pricy, either. I WANT ONE BAD!!!!! And Tiger is SUCH a pretty OS, I can't begin to explain it if you've never used it before. I WANT ONE MOMMY!!! Heck, I could even dual boot in it from Linux. MAN, would that be sweet.

Of course, while we're on the subject of Linux, I've got a crappy old x86 500 MHz with 64 MB of ram sitting idle right now (someone was throwing it out on trash day and I snagged it). Any suggestions from my readers on a distro that makes a good server?

Oh, and another question: I REALLY want an iPod to listen to podcasts (I'm sadly a bit of an addict). Should I just get a cheapo iPod Shuffle on eBay? Or do you think I should get a save for a few months & get a mini? Or REALLY save and get an iPod 60 Gig?

Any thoughts at all on this?


Thanks for reading and writing, gang!

EDIT: Decided to give Mandrake, or Mandriva, or what ever you call it a shot. I've got 10.1 community version booting on my craputer right now. Can't wait to see how it performs.
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Google
Hmm... I wonder who links here?