Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, May 09, 2005

New to the Internet? Fear not! (Part 1)

: ; ;

Many of you are relitivly new to the internet, I'm sure. So I just decided to post up a serilized primer on a few things you can do to increse your safety while surfin'.

The first thing that comes to mind is: Protect your gates! To do that, you need something called a Firewall to keep the baddies out. What this does, on a simplistic level, is only allow in what you tell it to. It's the guards at the doors to your kingdom (your computer). A REALLY good, easy to use, and *FREE* Firewall is Zone Alarm (www.zonelabs.com). I've used this firewall for a long time, and it's always served me well. And like I said, it's REAL easy to use. When it detects something trying to get in or out, it asks you if you wanna let it. For a lot of common applications, it even has help for you, if you're not sure what to choose.

Ok, stay tuned 'till next time where we will discuss the pure sugery goodness of Anti-Virus Software!

(For the record, I would like to note that I get no kickbacks from any of the companies I'm going to promote in this series, or have already promoted. I promote them because THEY WORK, and that's why I use them, too.)
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Google
Hmm... I wonder who links here?