Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, April 11, 2005

Sorry! Had some technical problems! Also, Linux!!!

: ; ;

I know I have not posted for a while, but I was having technical difficulties. Blogger decided to eat half of my source code!!! So I've been a while, because college has to come first. Then work. And before college, my Darling, but you get the picture. :)

Well, so we have some content in this post, I'd just like to take a few moments to mention a neat idea I was recently exposed to: an OS on a jumpdrive (or thumb drive, or what ever). The first I saw was called Damn Small Linux (http://damnsmalllinux.org), or DSL for short. It clocks in at about 50 megs, and can run off of a boot CD, jumpdrive, network, or even natively in Windows! How cool is that?

But after that, I found a distro that could do all the same stuff, but it loaded itself RIGHT INTO RAM!!! So, needless to say, it was a lot faster then DSL. "It" refers to Puppy Linux (http://www.goosee.com/puppy/). Again, boot it how you wanna. I'm hooked. I wonder if Slackware can boot off of a REALLY big thumbdrive...? :D

At any rate, I intend to resume regular posts. Thank you for your time, and goodnight, fair readers!
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Google
Hmm... I wonder who links here?